Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Review: Adulthood is a Myth by Sarah Andersen

Title: Adulthood is a Myth
Author: Sarah Andersen
Published: March 8th 2016
Source: Purchased
Genre: Comics/Humor
Amazon | B&N | Goodreads
Caution: May contain spoilers
Are you a special snowflake?

Do you enjoy networking to advance your career?

Is adulthood an exciting new challenge for which you feel fully prepared?

Ugh. Please go away.

This book is for the rest of us. These comic document the wasting of entire beautiful weekends on the internet, the unbearable agony of holding hands on the street with a gorgeous guy, dreaming all day of getting home and back into pajamas, and wondering when, exactly, this adulthood thing begins. In other words, the horrors and awkwardnesses of young modern life.

My Thoughts:


I can't remember when I started seeing the comics from Sarah's Scribbles, but I did a Google search for words in the comic to find the origin of this brilliance. When I learned Sarah Andersen was publishing the comics in a book, I nearly tripped over myself to get a copy in my hands. Luckily at the time I had literally just enough on a gift card to buy it.

You know those books that you want to savor because they're so good, but since they're so good you can't stop reading? That's what Adulthood is a Myth was for me. I could relate to sooo many things in the comics, I even took a picture of one to send to a friend because we had just talked about it. I couldn't stop chuckling and thinking "It's me!" throughout the whole thing. The only complaint? IT'S TOO SHORT AND I WANTED MORE. Hahaha! But, how can you blame me when you read comics like this:


^ That was the first one I saw of her comics and it will forever be the truest thing for me.

So if you like hilarious comics for your wonderful twenty-something (or early thirty-something in my case) self, take a gander at this gem. I know that from now on, I will be consistently tripping over myself to get the next book by Sarah Andersen. That's the truth. In fact, she has a new one coming out in March that I'll probably be pre-ordering at some point very soon called Big Mushy Happy Lump. Happy reading!

My Rating:


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one. Her comics are so funny and relatable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting and happy reading!